How to Record Your Work Process Hours
Using the Excel VCCICC Work Process Hours Spreadsheet:
- Create a new folder in your computer for your Work Process Hours.
- Open the blank Excel sheet we emailed to you and fill in your name and employer at the top.
- Save it in the folder you created: use File Save As, and name it Work Process Sheet- BLANK.
- To create your work process sheets for each month, open the BLANK Work Process Sheet, then use File/Save As, and save as it as a new document with your name and the current month (ex: Work Process Sheet- Jane Doe- May 2014).
- At the top of each sheet, fill it the Hours Forward; these are your total cumulative hours from the previous month.
- Fill in the "Description" column daily to reflect that particular day of work (self-reflection; highlights or challenges). The description column is on the left and it is set up to expand as you type, so don't worry about not having enough space.
- Fill in the Date: the Excel sheet is set up to hold 5 weeks; just use as much of the sheet as you need in order to record your hours worked in any given month.
- Record the number of hours worked for each competency area daily:
- Be sure to hit "Save" before closing the document.
- the Excel sheet is set up to calculate your totals for each month;
- if you make a mistake, do not use the Delete button as this will delete the formula - use backspace instead;
- also, do not copy & paste in Excel as you risk copy and pasting the formulas which may cause incorrect calculations on your sheet
Mentors can request to review your Work Process Hours at any time.
Some mentors request to see the hours weekly.
At a minimum, you will email your completed sheet to your mentor on the last day of each month.
Your mentor will look them over and email them to VCCICC by the 10th of the following month.
The staff at VCCICC are here to help! Call, (802) 985-2700, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or concerns!